Fish is a fantastic source of lean protein. It also contains your EPA and DHA which are essential for brain health. It's great to try and have it at least once per week if you can! There are many ways you can have fish - I prefer to oven bake it normally. I just find this easier and more tasty. In this recipe, I have paired it with roast pumpkin and greens. You can mix it up, sweet potato and broccoli is always a good combo!
It is important to use a good quality salt which contains plenty of minerals. I like to use Himalayan rock salt and ground black pepper.
- 300g kingfish
- 400g pumpkin, chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 knob ginger, sliced
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper and place pumpkin, turmeric, rosemary, half the garlic and ginger and salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle with olive oil and pop in the oven. Set a timer for 15 minutes.
- Line a second tray with baking paper and place the fish on the tray. Season with ground cumin, parsley, juice of half a lemon and pepper. Top with cherry tomatoes and drizzle with olive oil. Once the 15 minute timer has gone off, reset it for another 15 minutes and place the fish in the oven with the pumpkin.
- Place the zucchini and kale in a steamer and steam for approximately 5 minutes.
- Divide everything between 2-3 plates and serve with the remaining lemon juice