Many recipes use dates which are high in sugar, and while they are fine in moderation, I prefer sugar free snacks when they are being eaten regularly. These protein balls are macronutrient balanced with plenty of protein and healthy fats to help you feel full and provide sustained energy. Cacao and cinnamon help to balance blood sugar and curb sugar cravings, and they are also vegan and gluten free.
- 10 tbsp almond meal
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 1 scoop vegan protein powder of choice
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1 tbs shredded coconut
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Extra almond meal, for rolling
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix together, adding water slowly as required until is it damp and can stick together but is not wet. If it gets too wet, add more almond meal.
- Get a teaspoon and scoop into balls, rolling in the extra almond meal.
- These can be refrigerated for up to one week, or frozen for longer’