I love this recipe - it is so satisfying and filling. Eggs are a great source of protein, healthy fats and contain a whole range of minerals including Vitamin D which plays a major role in regulating the immune system. These make a great breakfast, snack or lunch paired with a salad. They can also be frozen. The addition of vegetables and leafy greens provide antioxidants, Vitamin C, iron, zinc, calcium and folate, all of which will help keep your immune system strong!
- 10 eggs
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 knob ginger, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Using your hands, squeeze the grated zucchini over a bowl to remove moisture. This is very important so that you don't end up with a soggy quiche. Whisk the eggs together in a large bowl. Mix in the vegetables, ginger and parsley and season with salt and pepper. Line a shallow oven dish with baking paper and pour in. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 45 minutes. It is cooked when you touch it lightly in the middle and it springs back.
- Remove from the dish and allow to cool. Slice into squares - about 10 - 12 depending on the size. This also can be frozen.